Crazy About All Things Cupcake

Flour, sugar, eggs, salt, BUTTER, baking powder...........check!!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Marv's Birthday

This was an opportunity to use my new cupcake tower that I bought on Etsy.  I used a fall theme with the ribbon. At first I used sticky dots to hold the ribbon on the edge of the layers, but with our humidity it feel off overnight.  I ended up using Velcro dots. It does stick out slightly but friends have said it is not noticeable. It sure does stay and I don't have to worry about my ribbon falling onto the cupcakes. ha!

Now what did fall on the night before was the icing on my cupcakes.  It slid off two cupcakes on the way over to the party that I was attending.  They weren't in a cupcake carrier. Not sure if this made a difference.  I think the cupcakes might have been still chilled from being in the frig.  I need to make sure I take them to room temp before frosting. My friend said she took a couple home and her icing slid off as well.  Oh, no, silly cupcakes.  We must keep our tops on at parties!!!!


This week I will be a baking machine. Catering cupcakes for a shower on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment